High Protein Breakfast Recipe: Spicy Scrambled Eggs
Fed up with eating boring scrambled eggs, then you’ll find this recipe really does help to spice them up. Plus this recipe will ensure you’re getting a good amount of protein into your diet. We’re convinced that you will like this easy high protein breakfast under five minutes. This recipe is created for the mass building period of the year. The percentage of daily amounts of protein, fats and carbohydrates are adjusted for building massive and powerful muscles. It is recommended to follow a diet high on carbohydrates and protein, plus moderate fat intake when training for powerful and massive muscles. Therefore, spicy scrambled eggs meet these criteria.
If this recipe contains too many calories (proteins, carbohydrates, and fats) for you to be taken in just one meal, simply divide this meal into two parts. You can take the first part before your morning workout and the second part right after.Print
In this post, we reveal our favorite high protein breakfast recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes to make even with no cooking experience! Here are the breakfast recipe and macros.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- ¼ Onion – Finely Chopped
- 1 Whole Red Chilli – Finely Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove – Finely Chopped
- 50 grams Cottage Cheese
- Pinch Mixed Herbs
- Serve this dish with 2 slices of whole brown bread and 4 small cherry tomatoes
- Step 1 – Spray a small non stick frying pan with a small amount of olive oil cooking spray. Ensure the entire pan is evenly coated.
- Step 2 – In a small mixing bowl place together the 2 whole eggs and the 4 egg whites. Now whisk until the egg yolks and whites are thoroughly combined.
- Step 3 – To the eggs add the ¼ onion, the clove of garlic and the chilli. Mix these ingredients thoroughly together.
- Step 4 – Add the cottage cheese and herbs and again whisk until all are fully combined together.
- Step 5 – Place the oiled frying pan on to the hob on a moderate heat and pour in the contents of the mixing bowl. Make sure you gently stir the contents poured into the frying pan to scramble the eggs.
- Step 6 – Just before you’re due to remove the eggs from the heat, toast the two slices of whole brown bread and once it’s ready, place it and the scrambled eggs on to a plate and enjoy.
Variation 1: Instead of scrambling the eggs you could make them into an omelette. Then serve the omelette on some spinach. Not only does it add a little more color to the dish but also a little more flavor and some additional vitamins your body needs.
Variation 2: To increase protein you can simply add pieces of turkey breast into the mix instead of low fat cottage cheese (if you do not prefer cheese). Or you can even use both – low fat cottage cheese and turkey breast.
- Serving Size: 1 meal
- Calories: 507 kcal
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Protein: 50
Keywords: bodybuilding breakfast, breakfast recipes, spicy scrambled eggs
If you have any questions or any ideas how to improve this recipe definitely leave them below. We’re sure there’s a lot of things that can be done here to make this even better and more delicious.