Dried Apricot Cookies: Delicious & Healthy Protein Snack for Weightlifters
No amount of exercise can change your figure or help you maintain a lean body if you eat a consistently unhealthy diet. You simply can’t out train a bad diet. That’s why you should take a hard look at what you’re eating. Your snacks are no exception. The good news is that choosing healthy and protein rich snacks is not a rocket science. Getting enough protein to support your muscle-building goals is easy with this quick and delicious recipe. Here are the ingredients (and quantities) necessary to prepare 40 delicious dried apricot cookies. This delicious protein snack will fulfill all your secret desires.Print
Speed up muscle growth without pills, creatine supplements, or dangerous anabolic steroids. This recipe will also help you increase the amount of protein you consume per day to help increase muscle mass.
- 120g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15g)
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon (7g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (5g)
- 2 tablespoon honey (30g)
- 135g whole wheat flour
- 90g oats
- 60g dried apricot (mash)
- 90g whey protein
- In a bowl mix the butter with 150g brown sugar.
- Mix until the composition has a creamy aspect.
- Add the vanilla essence, egg and honey.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes and then add the two types of flower, baking powder, whey protein and dried apricot.
- Mix until the composition smoothens.
- The dough is move in a new bowl and it’s covered with a food foil and left in the fridge for at least 1h, it can also be left overnight.
- After the time is finish, form small balls (nuts size).
- The resulting balls are roll in the remaining 50g brown sugar.
- Cover two trays with baking sheets and add the ball on it.
- Put the balls at a 5-6cm distances between them.
- Put the trays in the preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius (bake for 15 minutes).
- Serving Size: 20 g
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 2.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.7
- Carbohydrates: 10.6
- Protein: 2.5 g
Keywords: dried apricot cookies, protein snacks